Things to do in Albany
Sleepwell Motel Albany is a great value 3 star motel situated just a short drive from the town centre of Albany and only 10km from the Albany Airport, close to the famous tourist attractions such as The Gap, Natural Bridge, Blowholes, Wind Farm and The Brig Amity.
Sleepwell Motel Albany's address is 270 Albany Highway (corner of Lion Street), Albany Western Australia 6330.
Albany can be reached from Perth in approximately 4 hours, by taking the most direct route south along the Albany Highway.
Directions from Perth City:
1. Get onto Kwinana Freeway (south) and continue along until you reach the Armadale Road exit.
2. Turn left onto Armadale Road and continue along until you reach the Albany Highway/South Western Highway intersection.
3. Following the signage, continue on through the intersection to curve right onto Albany Highway.
4. Stay on Albany Highway, this will take you all the way through to Albany. Sleepwell Motel Albany is located on the left hand side, at the intersection of Albany Highway and Lion Street, just past the first roundabout.
Directions from Perth Airport:
1. From Horrie Miller Drive at the International Terminal, or from Brearley Avenue/Great Eastern Highway at the Domestic Terminal, turn left onto Tonkin Highway and continue along until you reach the Albany Highway exit.
2. Turn left onto Albany Highway.
3. At the Armadale Road intersection and following the signage, turn left to stay on Albany Highway.
4. Continue along Albany Highway, this will take you all the way through to Albany. Sleepwell Motel Albany is located on the left hand side, at the intersection of Albany Highway and Lion Street, just past the first roundabout.
For a more scenic route, you can take Kwinana Freeway (south) to Forrest Highway and Bussell Highway, travelling via the coastal towns of Mandurah, Bunbury, Busselton and Margaret River, before heading east inland along Brockman Highway with a right turn onto Vasse Highway. You can stop at Pemberton before continuing on with a right turn onto South Western Highway. The towns of Walpole and Denmark make for some more picturesque stops, before continuing onto Albany. Alternatively, you can take South Western Highway from either Armadale Road or the Bunbury Bypass which ambles through the South West region passing state forests and national parks.
To really explore the South West, consider planning a self drive itinerary. Take a look at these suggestions for some travel inspiration:
Albany and Esperance
Albany, Denmark & Walpole
Best of the South West
Great Southern Wine Trail
The Ultimate Road Trip Down South
Eat & Drink - Gourmet Delights
Nature & Wildlife - Natural Experiences
Arts, Culture and History
Great Southern Weekender
Complete Gourmet Getaway
Complete Six Day Taster
Coach travel is a great way to go if you want to relax and enjoy the journey and scenic vistas as you pass farms, bushland and forests. Transwa operate a fleet of 22 road coaches with high level passenger comfort and amenities, and will get you from their East Perth Terminal to the Albany Station in approximately 6 hours. Coaches depart daily, so check the Transwa website for details and ticket purchasing at www.transwa.wa.gov.au or call 1300 662 205.
Rex Regional Express Airlines fly 2-4 times daily from Perth to Albany and will get you there in 1 hour, 10 minutes. To check prices, dates and times, visit www.rex.com.au. Rental cars (Avis, Budget and Hertz) and taxis are available at the Albany Airport. For further airport information, visit www.albany.wa.gov.au/facilities/albany-regional-airport/.
Find holiday ideas, attractions and activities to make the most of your stay in Albany. Whether you want to relax on an amazing secluded beach, do something adventurous, taste delicious food and wine, or discover fun family ideas for the kids, click here to check out our guide to Albany.